Thank you for visiting my website. I am Dr. Fred Bloem from Olney, Maryland, and I have a holistic and integrative medical practice. Perhaps you have suffered with a health condition for a long time and you have consulted with a lot of other physicians or health practitioners, and you have either been told that there is nothing wrong with you; or the recommended treatments were not effective or only temporarily masked or suppressed symptoms. Some patients are simply looking for a good personal physician for themselves or for their whole family. These are people who need more than a rushed 15-minutes-or-less face time with a physician in a crowded medical office. They recognize that over the years the mechanic spent more time with their cars than their doctors did with them.
Whatever led you here, you came to the right place. My background is in family medicine, so I am comfortable treating adult men, women, and children with a wide variety of health concerns. My desire to be a better physician for my patients led me to start my own medical practice and broaden my educational horizons.
After practicing as a traditional allopathic physician for several years, it became clear to me that Western medicine as it is being taught and practiced by most physicians today has its limitations. One of the main concerns that I had was that many of the conventional western medical treatments do not address the underlying causes of a patient’s illness. I recognized that many common diseases, such as hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, and others were linked to obesity. However, like most physicians, I felt unprepared to help my patients lose weight.
Postgraduate training in bariatric medicine, bio-identical hormone therapies, nutritional medicine, and training bio-oxidative therapies has made it possible for me to help my patients more effectively, more quickly, and with safer treatment methods.
It is the combination of my genuine concern for my patients’ well-being and attention to detail, and my desire to address and correct the underlying causes of my patients’ health concerns that makes my practice unique.
Fred Bloem, M.D.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- State University of Leiden, The Netherlands, Medical School – 1989
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Internal Medicine Internship – 1991
- George Washington University Medical Center – Anesthesiology Residency – 1992
- Prince George’s Hospital Center, Family Practice Residency – 1994
- State of Maryland Licensed Physician and Surgeon -1994
- Board Certified American Board of General Practice – 2000
- American Board of Bariatric Medicine Board Certification Program – 2001
- SHAPEDOWNÂ® Child and Adolescent Obesity Treatment Certified – 2002
- NeuroModulation Technique – Comprehensive Level and Advanced Level Certified – 2003
- Alissa Cohen, Living on Life Food Raw Food Instructor Course – May 2006
- NeuroModulation Technique – Comprehensive Seminar (refresher) – September 2006, 2007.
- NeuroModulation Technique – Advanced Level I and II Seminars – September 2006, 2007.
- NeuroModulation Technique – Symposium – October 2006, September 2007.
- Nutritional Therapy in Medical Practice Seminar taught by Alan Gaby, M.D. and Jonathan Wright, M.D. – January 2007
- Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Seminar taught by Thierry Hertoghe, M.D. and Jonathan Wright, M.D. – February 2007
- Wiley Protocol Seminar taught by T.S. Wiley – April 2007 and December 2007
- ACAM Workshops in Toxic Metal Detoxification and Intravenous Clinical Nutrition – April 2008.
- International Oral HCG Training and Symposium by Dr. Daniel Belluscio – October 2008
- NeuroModulation Technique – Advanced Level Certification (2003-2011)
- Participant in NeuroModulation Technique autism research study: “Intention-Based Therapy for Autism Spectrum Disorder: Promising Results of a Wait-List Control Study in Children,” conducted by Dr. Robert Weiner, Ph.D.
- Training in bio-oxidative therapies by Dr. Frank Shallenberger
- Certified Practitioner in Autonomic Response Testing (ART) through the Klinghardt Academy