I was recently introduced to TA-65® which is a telomerase activator. It turns on the hTERT gene which activates the enzyme telomerase which can lengthen your telomeres. Telomeres are protective pieces of DNA material at the ends of each chromosome in every cell. The genetic material of chromosomes degrades if not properly protected by telomeres of a certain length. Telomerase activation in aged or chronically stressed normal cells has been shown to slow or reverse telomere shortening, increase replicative capacity, and restore or improve cellular function. In other words, the cells live longer and the patient benefits.
When telomerase is activated the shortest ones get “relongated” (made longer). Some illness associated with short telomere length are Werner’s Syndrome, congestive heart failure, ischemic cardiomyopathy, and Alzheimer’s disease.
In people who have taken TA-65® for one year or more they have seen the following statistically significant benefits:
- A decline in the number of senescent (aging) CD-8 lymphocytes
- A reversal of the normally seen, age dependent increase in natural killer cells
- Improvements in total and LDL cholesterol
- Significant decreases in fasting glucose and fasting insulin levels
- Functional improvements in cognitive behavior-verbal memory and shifting attention
- Statistically significant improvements in bone mineral density in males and a trend towards the same in females
Some anecdotal benefits that people taking TA-65® have reported include:
- Need for less sleep but without fatigue – getting more done in a day
- Improved joint flexibility
- Improved skin health and appearance
- Improved visual acuity
- Improved sex drive
Those who should take TA-65® include anyone who has had a telomere length test and has short telomeres, anyone who believes their immune system is compromised and can benefit from its restoration, and everyone who is concerned about aging healthy and living longer.
I have just become a licensed distributor of TA-65® and am able to offer it to my patients at a good price. Please contact my office for pricing and ordering.
Please click here to read responses to frequently asked questions about TA-65®: http://bit.ly/Np1FLw
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. TA-65® is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.