Dr. Bloem was born in the Netherlands and received his medical degree from the State University of Leiden in the Netherlands. He came to the United States in 1990 for postgraduate medical training.
Initially, Dr. Bloem practiced as a family physician in a variety of allopathic practice settings. It was his desire to help his patients with more effective treatment methods that caused him to seek additional training in bariatric medicine, orthomolecular medicine, bio-identical hormone therapy, and NeuroModulation Technique.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- State University of Leiden, The Netherlands, Medical School – 1989
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Internal Medicine Internship – 1991
- George Washington University Medical Center – Anesthesiology Residency – 1992
- Prince George’s Hospital Center, Family Practice Residency – 1994
- State of Maryland Licensed Physician and Surgeon -1994
- Board Certified American Board of General Practice – 2000
- American Board of Bariatric Medicine Board Certification Program – 2001
- SHAPEDOWN® Child and Adolescent Obesity Treatment Certified – 2002
- NeuroModulation Technique – Comprehensive Level and Advanced Level Certified – 2003
- Alissa Cohen, Living on Life Food Raw Food Instructor Course – May 2006
- NeuroModulation Technique – Comprehensive Seminar (refresher) – September 2006, 2007.
- NeuroModulation Technique – Advanced Level I and II Seminars – September 2006, 2007.
- NeuroModulation Technique – Symposium – October 2006, September 2007.
- Nutritional Therapy in Medical Practice Seminar taught by Alan Gaby, M.D. and Jonathan Wright, M.D. – January 2007
- Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Seminar taught by Thierry Hertoghe, M.D. and Jonathan Wright, M.D. – February 2007
- Wiley Protocol Seminar taught by T.S. Wiley – April 2007 and December 2007
- ACAM Workshops in Toxic Metal Detoxification and Intravenous Clinical Nutrition – April 2008.
- International Oral HCG Training and Symposium by Dr. Daniel Belluscio – October 2008
- NeuroModulation Technique – Symposium – October 2009
- NeuroModulation Technique – Level 1 Seminar (Refresher) – October 2009
- ACAM Workshop in Chelation Therapy and successfully passed the examination. Dr. Bloem is now Certified in Chelation Therapy (CCT)- November 2009
- NeuroModulation Technique – Level 2 and 3 Seminars (Refresher – self study) – January 2010
- American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) – Certified in Chelation Therapy
- NeuroModulation Technique – Advanced Level (NMT)