Does Homeopathic HCG Work?

January 14th, 2010 | Posted by Fred Bloem, MD in Obesity

While I know a few people who have had success using homeopathic HCG drops, I don’t have enough experience in my practice to comment on its efficacy compared to real HCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin).

I can say that I have had patients come to my practice after having disappointing results with the homeopathic HCG. Patients typically have a greater than 80-90% success rate if they follow the HCG Diet Protocol correctly and follow up with me consistently.

Here are some things to consider with regard to homeopathic HCG:

• “Homeopathic HCG” is believed to contain the energetic imprint of HCG but does not actually contain HCG. It is made with a minute amount of HCG that is diluted millions of times following homeopathic manufacturing practices.
  • There are many websites that claim to sell oral HCG (which I am able to legally offer to my patients in my medical practice, in addition to injectable HCG, HCG cream, nasal HCG, and HCG tablets) but instead provide homeopathic HCG.
  • One of the most commonly sold brands of homeopathic HCG contains 16% USP Alcohol which would be unacceptable for some people for religious or medical reasons.

I recommend that people find an experienced physician who will do a thorough medical evaluation before prescribing HCG. Although the HCG Diet Protocol is very safe, it does requires close monitoring to ensure optimal results. Another benefit of working with a physician (especially one who holistically oriented) is that other health issues will be recognized and treated as well.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

55 comments on “Does Homeopathic HCG Work?

1. Pingback: Fred Bloem MD

2. Pingback: TheRenaissance2

3. Pingback: BrendasAntiques

4. Pingback: Diane Solomon

5. Pingback: The Therapy Book

6. Pingback: John Board

7. Pingback: Mae McGrath

8. Pingback: SHAFI ISLAM

9. Pingback: baker dozen

10. Pingback: Vaccination Network

11. Pingback: patriciasinglet

12. BRINA on said:

Homeopathic HCG DROPS DOES NOT WORK EVERYONE WHO HAS TRIED THIS PRODUCTS SAID THE SAME THING IT MAKE UR HEAD HURT KEEPS U HUNGRY AND ITS JUST WATER DOWN ALCOHOL. IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT ITS LITTLE TO NO HCG IN IT SO ITS BETTER TO JUST GET THE REAL HCG. ITS WAYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER AND MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THOSE DROPS U GUYS PLZ SAVE YA MONEY

13. Elena on said:

Are Oral HCG drops and Homeopathic HCG drops the same thing?

14. Pingback: Fred Bloem MD

15. Pingback: ¨*•.ஜღƸ̵Ӝ̵̄Ʒღஜ.•*¨

16. Pingback: Andrew Aksana, M.D.

17. i have used oral homeopathic hCG with great results. Lost 26lbs my first cycle and kept the weight off, my mom, sister and a coworker and her daughters did the same. Just make sure you follow the protocol correctly, it WORKS!

18. Jennifer on said:

I’m with Golah…I”ve been using homeopathic hCG made by Professional Complementary Health Formulas, Portland Oregon. I don’t sell their stuff, I can’t. They only sell to health care practitioners. I bought my bottles from a local apothecary. They were 2oz bottles for $18. The #1 ingredient is hCG. I’ve been on the protocol for 16 days. I’ve lost 15 lbs to date. I AM NOT HUNGRY or GROUCHY! I’ve lost 6 inches in my waist, which is incredible to me. I’m following the protocol exactly as Simeons. I hit a plateau and did the 6 apple day and lost 4lbs in water weight.

It seems to me that if it was a placebo (Which to me is a joke…I love food too much! I’d be STARVING!)I wouldn’t lose the weight or I’d be hungry, or something. I’m having the same results as others that have taken the shots and I fell great.

I’m not a medical doctor. I’m a mom of 6 that when I hit 200 lbs I’d had enough. So, for what it’s worth…

• Would you mind emailing me personally and assisting me on the protocol? I also wanted to know if it is necessary to take B-12 or collodial silver with the Homeopathic version of HCG.

Sheila
      versedwear@gmail.com

• Sandra on said:

Hello Jennifer, I too am a mom …but only 4 kids…good for you with 6…I hit the 200lb mark and hated myself…about the HCG…Every time I talk to these companies, they only want to convince you to buy…buy…buy ! I originally get mine From Oral HCG Solution…and it took 6 oz but I've only been able to loose 22 lbs…I'm also a local truck driver, pretty tough stuff to eat right…where did you get yours…you say it cost only $18…the ingredients on mine are Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 12X, 30X, 60X, Purified Water, 20% U.S.P Alcohol. Is yours the same? If you would like to help me, I would appreciate it. You can e-mail me …nac-gemini-@hotmail.com…..Thank You

• shelia on said:

Thanks for this just started my hcg diet on saturday6/25/11..I'm using The hcg solution by nigen biotech , so far it's ok.Will to try this brand, placed my order so I should have it next week..I will let you know if I like it..I hope to loose 30lbs by 7/25/11

19. Pingback: DebbyBruck

20. I started taking the HCG (sublingual tablets) and following the original 500 calorie protocol. I have done 3 rounds to date and am getting ready to start my 4th. So far I have lost about 70 pounds and can't say enough good things about this program. It was like someone threw me a "life jacket" and for the first time I've been given hope! I have about 40 more pounds to go, but am going to try the homepathic drops this round. Have heard very good things about it. It is much more affordable. I will let you all know how I do.

21. Pingback: Dr. Rashmi Chanana

22. Pingback: penelope beveridge

23. loredana on said:

HI ,I bought the sub lingual hcg but don t know the protocol can someone e-mail me pls.

24. Pingback: david carreno

25. Pingback: Love

26. Will hcg work if you just start taking it and going on the drops before starting the 500 calorie diet?

• guest on said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!…… In fact if you take HCG and do not follow the diet EXACTLY it will cause you to GAIN mass amounts of weight. Read the protocol :)

27. Pingback: TroubledDays